The girls and I have made this a few times and it is always delish! We have tried other copy cat recipes, but this is the best.
PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps – Serves 4
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 2/3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/3 cups water chestnut
- 1 cup mushroom
- 4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 1/3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 1/3-6 2/3 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 2/3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 2/3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 2/3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/3 tablespoons hot mustard
- 2 2/3 teaspoons water
- 1 1/3-2 2/3 teaspoons garlic and red chile paste
Stir Fry Sauce
Prep Time: 10 min, Total Time: 25 min
- Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, and lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
- Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and Chile paste and set this aside.
- Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
- Sauté chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
- Remove chicken from the pan and cool.
- Keep oil in the pan, keep hot.
- As chicken cools mince water chestnuts and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
- Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
- When chicken is cool, mince it as the mushrooms and water chestnuts are.
- With the pan still on high heat, add another Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the pan.
- Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and sauté the mixture for a couple minutes.
- Lastly add your desired measurement of mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps then serve it in the lettuce cups.